The RingGo Resident Visitor Permit (RVP) service works as follows:
1. In order to purchase visitor sessions you must first submit a free application to the relevant local authority. This can be applied for electronically with RingGo if you are a Central Bedfordshire Council, London Borough of Ealing Council, London Borough of Lewisham Council or Portsmouth City Council resident. Residents of the London Borough of Richmond Council are required to apply direct.
2. You will be required to submit one or more proofs of residency (i.e. utility bill, driving licence, etc) to support that you are eligible for the scheme.
3. The Council and not RingGo will review and make a decision on all applications. If you have applied online via myRingGo, you will receive an email confirming a RingGo Enquiry has been generated and then a response informing you of the decision once your application has been reviewed.
4. If your application is declined, the Council will provide their reasons for doing so in the email enquiry response and you will be required to re-apply in all cases. You may be declined for a number of reasons including; not providing valid proofs, not successfully proving that you are a resident, submitting incomplete information or providing an invalid address.
5. If your application is approved, you will be able to purchase RingGo visitor sessions for the lifespan of your permit (i.e. 3 years) or the Council will allocate you a maximum purchase threshold value. For example, you can park visitors up to 120 times a year in Richmond.
6. You must purchase your visitor session in advance* or immediately upon arrival. RingGo visitor sessions can be purchased to begin at the time of payment by calling the Permit Booking Liine on 0843 209 0088 from your registered telephone number(s), via our mobile apps or online at myRingGo.
7. RingGo will always confirm whether or not the transaction was successfully authorised or not. This will be a verbal message at the end of the call or on-screen with both web and app services.
You can view whether you have successfully parked at any time from the 'Sessions' page on our apps or below the 'Recent Parking Sessions' heading on the dashboard of your online account.
8. If thresholds are enforced (Richmond residents only) then you will be reminded at the start of each call what your current allowance is and how many you have left after successfully purchasing your visitor session. You will also be reminded of your threshold count on the first page of our app and web booking forms.
*Visitor sessions can be purchased in advance online or via our mobile apps (not yet available with the Windows Phone app) whereas all bookings by phone will begin immediately.
If you have any questions relating to RVP procedures, you should contact the relevant parking operator in the first instance where RingGo do not manage the scheme.