RingGo Resident Visitor Permits (RVPs) are issued by the Council and are a digital, paperless alternative way to pay for parking. All parking sessions with RingGo are virtual, so there is no need to display anything in your vehicle.
Once your permit application has been authorised, you can purchase visitor parking sessions with RingGo which will enable your visitors to park. Apply for your application online following the instructions listed below.
On the LB of Barking and Dagenham internet website, navigate to the 'Parking permit applications' page. Here is one way:
- Click the 'Parking' tile.
- Click the 'Parking permits' tile.
- Click the 'Visitor parking permits and vouchers' tile.
- Click the 'Set up a permit account' tile.
- Go to MyRingGo and click 'Permits'.
- Click the 'LB of Barking and Dagenham' tile.
- Click 'Resident Virtual Visitor Voucher'.
Whichever method you used, on the next screen, if you are an existing RingGo customer, click 'Apply for Virtual Permit'. If you are not yet registered with RingGo, click 'Register', and follow the instructions to register as a RingGo user.
Log in using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or Password combination. If you are unsure whether you have a RingGo account, enter your telephone number in the box near the bottom of the screen and click 'Continue'. You will be notified if your telephone number has been registered and will be requested to recover your PIN/Password, if you do not know it. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery for the reminder.
If you do not yet have a RingGo account, you will be asked to register for one. After registering and/or logging in, you can complete the permit application form, following these instructions:
- Enter your postcode to find the address.
- Select your address using the drop-down menu.
- Click 'Next'.
- Complete the rest of the form and correct any information already present.
- Note that any field marked with a red asterisk is mandatory.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, tick to agree, and click 'Confirm'.
You may be asked to upload a document with proof of residency at your address. Once you have uploaded the document, click 'Confirm'. Your details will be automatically reviewed. If approved, your permit will be authorised and you can begin purchasing sessions for your visitors to park.
Note that you are limited to 1200 sessions per year. When the year is up and you renew your permit, you can then start purchasing sessions again.