From the 17th July 2014, RingGo will become the sole cashless parking provider in the City of Westminster. Any existing motorcycle permits that have not been purchased with RingGo and are valid from the 17th July 2014 onwards will be transferred to RingGo and remain valid until the expiration date has been reached.
In order to link your existing motorcycle permit to your account, you will first be required to register with the service (if you have not done so already). Once registered, you will then need to raise an enquiry with City of Westminster Parking Services from your online account and provide the following details:
- A list of all vehicle registrations you intend to use against your motorcycle permit
- The start and end date of your existing motorcycle permit
- The vehicle registration your original permit was purchased against
Once this request has been received your existing permit information will be allocated to your City of Westminster account and email notification sent to confirm that this has been completed.
Only one vehicle can be linked to your motorcycle permit at any one time. The active session vehicle will be the last used permit vehicle in the first instance based on the data supplied to RingGo. Should you need to alternate between which vehicle you are parking on any given day, you will first be required to make changes to the permit online prior to parking.
To amend the active vehicle(s) against your motorcycle permit, simply follow these instructions:
- Login using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or password combination. If you do not know your PIN or password, you can retrieve it using the relevant recovery tool. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery of any reminder.
- Click 'Help' in the top right corner of the page.
- Under the Popular Questions heading, select 'Change vehicle(s) on your permit session'. Select your motorcycle permit using the drop-down menu.
- Highlight the existing vehicle(s) you wish to be active against the permit from the 'My Westminster City Council vehicles' menu or use the vehicle 1 column to add a new vehicle.
- Click 'Next' to immediately apply the changes.
You can then view the session vehicle amendments in the 'Recent Payment History' section on the dashboard by clicking 'Account' in the top right corner of the page and selecting 'Dashboard' from the displayed dropdown menu.
Note: you must ensure that you make the necessary permit vehicle changes each time you park a different motorcycle. Failure to do so will mean you are liable to receive a parking fine.