Skip to content

Carer Permit Information

  1. A free permit is issued to Merton residents who are housebound or hold a valid Blue Badge. This is limited to 1 permit per resident.

    In order for the application to be completed you will need to provide one the following:

    • A copy of a signed and dated formal tenancy agreement or lease agreement for where you live

    • A copy of your mortgage completion letter

    • A copy of a solicitor’s letter confirming purchase of the property



    If you do not have the above you will need to provide two of the following dated within the last 3 months:

    • Gas, water, electricity, telephone (landline) or council tax document


    • Housing, child, pension or income support benefit book


    • Driving license (3 month date restriction doesn't apply)




    In order to prove your eligibility for this permit you will also need to provide a copy of your Blue Badge.

    If you are not a Blue Badge holder we will require further supporting documents.