School Safety Zone Resident or Carer Permit Information

  1. The School Safety Zone Resident or Carer Permit is a free exemption to all residents who reside within the permitted school safety zone. These are e-Permits and there is no need to display a physical permit.

    You need to prove your eligibility before you apply for this exemption. Your application may be approved by our automatic checks. If this is not possible, you will be asked to upload documents in support of your application. All documents provided must include your name and address of the property within the relevant CPZ for which you are applying for the exemption.

    In order for the application to be completed you will need to provide one the following:

    • A copy of a signed and dated formal tenancy agreement or lease agreement for where you live

    • A copy of your mortgage completion letter, agreement/statement

    • A copy of a solicitor’s letter confirming purchase of the property

    If you do not have the above you will need to provide two of the following dated within the last 3 months:

    • Gas, water, electricity or telephone (landline) bill

    • Bank statement, home or buildings insurance or inland revenue statement

    • Council tax document or TV Licence (3 month date restriction doesn't apply)

    In addition to the above you will also need to provide proof of vehicle ownership/usage, all of which must contain your name and application address:

    • Vehicle Registration document (V5) showing your name and application address

    • Hire or Lease agreement in your name and application address

    • Current certificate or schedule of insurance showing the vehicle registration number, you as a named driver and the address the policy is issued to. The vehicle must not hold a valid Resident parking permit at any other address

    • A copy of a sales invoice (bill of sale) from a dealership showing the vehicle registration number and your name and application address

    • If the vehicle you use is registered to your employer you will need to provide a business/company headed letter from your place of employment, stating your name, application address and vehicle registration

    If you’re applying for an exemption for a carer please provide a formal letter stating that they are visiting in an official caring capacity.

    The letter must be from a GP, district nurse, social services, or carer organisation and state the name and address of the individual being cared for, and the full name of the carer.